Manager of Advancement Operations
The Nasher Sculpture Center is seeking a smart, motivated, hard-working, and ethical individual to serve as the museum’s Manager of Advancement Operations.
The Manager of Advancement Operations will be a vital part of the Nasher’s fundraising team. S/he will advance the mission of the museum by:
- Overseeing the accurate, efficient, and effective processing of all donations to the Nasher
- Ensuring that supporters are thanked and feel appreciated by overseeing the timely acknowledgement of their donations
- Serving as a thought-partner with team leadership in the execution of fundraising efforts
- Communicating team performance by managing revenue tracking and fundraising reporting
- Serving as the expert on the museum’s CRM/database system
About the Nasher Sculpture Center / Advancement Team
Open since 2003 and located in the Dallas Arts District, the Nasher Sculpture Center is home to one of the finest collections of modern and contemporary sculpture in the world. The Nasher presents world-class exhibitions, popular public programs, and impactful educational initiatives throughout the year.
The Nasher’s Advancement team, comprised of eight full- and part-time fundraising professionals, is responsible for building relationships and generating revenue that help make the museum’s exhibitions and programs possible.
- Manages and provides expertise in the processing and acknowledgement of donations/memberships to the Nasher and in the maintenance of donor records
- Serves as the onsite expert and administrator for Altru, the museum’s CRM/donor database, maintaining and improving its overall integrity and quality
- Supervises and manages the activities and performance of the Gift Processor
- Provides team and museum leadership with revenue reports
- Works closely and collaboratively with the Finance team to ensure the reconciliation of gifts
- Provides advice to team leadership on criteria and segmentation for fundraising efforts
- Ensures accurate, clean data for use in fundraising and marketing communications
- Produces analysis of fundraising performance and makes recommendations for improvement
- Writes and maintains up-to-date database procedures
- Coordinates database training for all users
- Plays a leading role in the execution of fundraising-related solicitations and mailings for Nasher Prize, the museum’s annual fundraising gala
- Reports To: Director of Individual Giving and Membership
- Direct Report: Gift Processor
- Strong interest in the arts, in fundraising, and in working in a creative / cultural / nonprofit / museum setting
- Three or more years of related / relevant / transferable professional experience, preferably in fundraising, marketing, membership, sales, data management, or database operations
- Bachelor’s degree (or considerable, comparable work experience)
- Experience with CRM/database systems (Raisers’ Edge or Altru experience strongly preferred)
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Professional demeanor, with strong interpersonal skills and management potential
- Interest in learning, growing, and problem-solving
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to treat fundraising/donor information with discretion
- General office environment with occasional work throughout the museum’s facilities
- Significant computer work
- Position requires occasional nights and weekends
How to Apply
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references, to James Jillson, Director of Individual Giving and Membership, at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
Visitor Experience Facilitator
The Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas, TX is seeking individuals with a passion for the arts and an even stronger passion for customer service to join the team as a Visitor Experiences Facilitator, who is responsible for ensuring every guest at the museum has a meaningful experience. As the face of the museum, the Visitor Experiences Facilitator is responsible for engaging visitors in galleries, selling admissions tickets, promoting memberships, and providing information about the museum’s collection, special exhibitions, and the community at large. This is a part-time position not to exceed 24 hours per week at $13 per hour.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and references to Assistant Manager of Visitor Experiences, Rachel Rushing, [email protected].
The curatorial internship provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated undergraduate or graduate student to gain experience in a range of curatorial activities, including exhibition preparation, gallery installations, documentation and research projects involving the Sculpture Center’s permanent collection, as well as publication projects and special exhibitions. Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills, be very organized and able to work independently. Art History majors with an interest in modern and contemporary art are preferred. The internship is unpaid, but can be taken for college credit if your program allows. Dates and hours are flexible, but the internship requires a commitment of 15-25 hours per week. To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to Jed Morse at [email protected].
External Affairs Intern
The Nasher Sculpture Center External Affairs internship provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated undergraduate or graduate student to serve as an important team member of the external affairs team and learn about marketing and public relations within a small cultural institution. Interns are responsible for working directly with the external affairs team on daily activities relating to events, marketing and public relations, including writing press releases, proofreading and editing marketing materials, and assisting with event coordination. Applicants must have excellent writing and oral communication skills, be very organized and able to work independently. Knowledge of visual arts preferred. The internship is unpaid and for credit, 15-25 hours per week. Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to [email protected].
We do not have any available positions at this time.